For our customers we organize different trainings. The main purpose of course is expanding theoretic knowledge of DWDM technology, and acquiring practical experience in managing and configuring of real WDM. The considerable part of course’s time is dedicated to practical questions of construction and operation of DWDM networks.
The course program covers the following topics:
1. Structure and evolution of fiber optic communications, optical fiber and passive elements of fiber-optic communication lines;
2. Communication systems with binary amplitude modulation and direct detection;
3. Modern DWDM-communication systems: coherent communication systems, operational features;
4. Principles of DWDM-network construction, standard configurations of DWDM-networks;
5. Elements of DWDM-network: transponders, optical amplifiers, measurement of optical communication lines;
6. The composition of DWDM-equipment: transponders 40-400G, transponders 2,5-10G, optical amplifiers;
7. Organization of channel reservation;
8. Operation of DWDM-networks: control system of DWDM-networks "Fractal" and SNMP;
9. Technology replacement of faulty blocks;
10. Actions in the event of emergency situations on communication lines.
The T8 company has prepared an informational brochure for all those who study the DWDM technology, which can be downloaded free of charge from our website. The brochure is an introduction to DWDM technology (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing). It is intended for communications engineers and senior students who are just learning about DWDM technology. This brochure very briefly considers the fundamentals of the coherent communication systems technology and the practical issues that may arise when working with optical equipment for spectral multiplexing. The material was prepared by specialists of the T8 company.